#outer-wrapper {display:table;} #header-wrapper {display:table;} #cell {display:table-cell; vertical-align:middle;}

March 30, 2009

Go Diego Cake....

This cake was made for the 2nd birthday of a little boy. The theme is basically Diego exploring the jungle. Unlike all the other jungle themes with scenic landscapes, I decided to go with a contrast base tier design.

My idea was to keep the contrast on the base tier, at the same time it should blend with the top tier. I included some monkeys & jaguar to go with the theme. All the decorations on this cake are edible made out of fondant. The Diego is a candle. Designs on the base tier are hand-piped with buttercream.

Here is how the whole design theme came out....
Back view of the cake...
Top tier ...closeup view.....
Monkeys....closeup view....
Base tier design...closeup view......

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your attention to detail. Do you have any advice on making your own stencils? I tried using the plastic stencil paper, but it raises up all the time. Would something like rice paper be better? Thanks for your advice. Your talent is incredible!

Dhanya Ganesh said...

The diego cakes looks so cool. You are very creative.

♥Rosie♥ said...

Your diego cake is absolutely stunning!!

Rosie x

Maria said...

How beautiful! My son would absolutely love that! The details all look amazing.

Regina said...

This cake looks awesome. You are very talented.

May I ask how you get the structured look on your fondant covering the cakes? Do you paint the fondant?

Crystal said...

I need this cake!

Endah said...

wow..it's really beautiful cake.. :)

Angie said...

I love this cake, your details are amazing. how did you do the palm trees and the fondant painting?