#outer-wrapper {display:table;} #header-wrapper {display:table;} #cell {display:table-cell; vertical-align:middle;}

April 16, 2009

Circles & Stripes Baby Shower

This cake was made for a Surprise Baby shower for one of my close friend. The gender of the baby was a SURPRISE for all. So the idea was to use all the pastel baby colors. There was no specific theme as such. Since this baby was supposed to be born in Spring, I tried to highlight the design with spring colors yellow, orange & green using circles & stripes as the theme.

A baby topper adorns the top of the cake with some cascading circles flowing outwards.

2 comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Anitha,
lovely cake. I love your colour combination. I really cannot be so bold in using so many colours but everytime I see yours.. I gain lots of inspiration. Joining after a long gap.. your horse cake is stunning...The modulation of the surface is so realistic and eyes very catchy.. amazed by your work..
Wonderful work!!!

JudeCreations said...

Seeing ur blog for the 1st time, lovely cakes, but most of all I liked the carved fruit one, they look delicious & juicy & tempting.